SUNY-Wide Library Circulation and Collection Analysis
The SUNY Business Intelligence Initiative (SBII) is a SUNY-wide effort to provide data analysis and reporting tools for a wide range of university information. SBII is using the Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) software tools. An article in SUNYergy provides an overview of the project: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/sunyergy/40SBII.htm
The Library aspect of the SBII project is to provide a means to analyze the collections owned by SUNY libraries. The goal is to provide for SUNY wide collection analysis rather than create a specific campus reporting tool.
The library bibliographic and circulation data from 55 SUNY campuse is available via the SBII Library Dashboards (University Centers are not participating at this time).
The data includes all available bibliographic records available up to December 2010 and 5 years of circulation data up to December 2010
- analyze and compare aggregate holdings/*
- by SUNY sectors, by regions, and campus defined peer groups/*
- compare data between/among selected campuses and sectors/regions/*
- access collection usage using circulation information/*
- analyze circulation activity by patron status/*
- analyze collections, circulation activity and patron status usage by subject, publication date, language, format, other qualifiers (secondary formats, material description, target audience, form of item, government publication)/*
- determine collection age and rate of growth/*
- view overlaps and gaps of the SUNY Library Collection/*
- identify unique campus holdings /*